Trees Lexington! is a new non-profit organization working to increase Lexington’s urban tree canopy. One of the founders, our 3rd District Urban County Council member Jake Gibbs, is inviting everyone to the organization’s first fundraiser Saturday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at West Sixth Brewing. The brewery is donating 6 percent of receipts that day to Trees Lexington! and that amount will be matched by Big Ass Solutions.
At the fundraiser you may:
- Cast your ballot for Lexington’s Official Tree.
- Ask an arborist questions.
- Bid on silent auction items.
The event is free, but donations are appreciated.
Among the things Trees Lexington! is working on now:
- Fruit trees for the garden at The Hope Center
- Trees for Habitat for Humanity houses
- Creating a tree canopy at the new Frederick Douglass High School
If you can’t make it Saturday, you may still make a tax-deductible donation. Send your check, made out to Trees Lexington!, to Jake Gibbs at 220 Delmar Ave., Lexington, KY 40508. Donations also can be made online at the Blue Grass Community Foundation website: www.bgcf.org.
For more information about Trees Lexington!, see its website here.